Monday, November 23, 2009

Back, with Epic Goodness!

Here's one of my "Traveling Palette", that I use to take my work anywhere within the household. There's about 4 companies of armor in different stages of preparation here.

In the foreground are a few of my tanks that are "closer" to completion.

My goal is a Vostroyan Armored Division with a TO&E like this;

1 Command Company (1 Chimera, 3 Centaurs, 1 Trojan, 5 Leman Russ')
7 Heavy Tank Companies (10 Ragnaruss' tanks each)
3 Tank Companies (10 Leman Russ')
1 Field Artillery Company (6 Earthshaker Guns, 3 Thudd Guns, 10 Centaurs)
1 Motorized Artillery Company (6 Basalisks, 3 Converted Medusas, 1 Trojan, 1 Centaur)
1 Motorized Artillery Company (6 Basalisks, 3 Medusas, 1 Trojan, 1 Centaur)
76th Krieg Reconnaissance Company (8 Centaurs, 2 Chimeras)
1033rd Vostroyan Super-Heavy Tank Company (3 Macharius Vulcans, 1 Stormblade)
33rd Krieg Assault Squadron (2 Gorgons, 1 Stormblade)
68th Independent Narmenian Tank Destroyer Company (6 Destroyers, 3 Vanqs)

(And don't even mention realism, as I am aware that the number of combat vehicles I have are ridiculous...but guess what? I don't give a the Grim Darkness of the Far Future, there is only Nonsense!!!!)

Saturday, November 14, 2009

Temporary Hiatus

Well, I've got 30 of the Dreads painted and have decided that I want to reach the molding goal before I paint any more. I'm estimating about 10 more days before I hit the 200 mark, allowing for miscasts, so updates will be sparse.

Also, I've resparked my interest in Epic 40k, and have started on a reinforced Armored regiment. I'll post some photos this week.

My ECW Covenanters may take up some time as well...don't you just hate when Gamer's ADD kicks in?

Saturday, November 7, 2009

Small Update

Dreadnaught Count: 142 Resin, 7 metal

I have successfully painted 26 of them, with 30 more cleaned and ready for paint. Now I'm waiting on a few more bases to arrive, as finding 200 flying bases is somewhat hard to do!

Tomorrow, I'll start on a new mold of 3, so hopefully I can pull some cleaner casts faster.

Tuesday, November 3, 2009

Dreadnaught Test

Comparison-shot of 2 resin Dreads, 1 metal Dread, and 1 Modified Nebulon-B

Another angle; it was hard to decide what color to make the drive flare, but I like this light blue.

Paintjob was accomplished thusly;

Spray-prime in Black (Krylon Ultra-flat Black)
Base-paint in Charadon Granite (GW Foundation)
Dry-brush in Codex Gray (GW Paint)
Wash in Badab Black (GW Wash)
Drive-flare done with a mix of Prussian Blue and Titanium White (Liquitex Art Acrylics)

This achieves a decent table-top standard, considering I'm painting over 200 of the things, though the Katana will receive extra detailing, as will the extras for the Rendili Home Defense Fleet.

I may try to convert a few into Assault Frigates eventually, but that will wait until I have finished molding the first couple of hundred.

Dreadnaught Count: 118 Resin and 7 Metal

Sunday, November 1, 2009


Home from our trip this weekend and the Packer/Vikings game....boy was that disappointing!

On the upside, I managed to snag two boxes of Alumilite Resin for $7 each, at Hobby Lobby. It would appear they were priced incorrectly, and I happened to have a 40% off coupon, so I walked out with enough resin to last until January.

Photos of the recently organized work area and some base-coated Dreadnaughts to follow tomorrow.

Wednesday, October 28, 2009

Small Victories

Well, even though I haven't had much time to update or do any work on the ships this week, I have made some progress;

Completely cleaned and organized my gaming room. Thank God for the USPS free Priority Mail boxes, as they make great storage-savers.

Hit the 100 mark on my Dreadnaughts. I'm starting to see a little degredation, but I should make it to 200 without having to remold.

Sold a bunch of stuff, so I placed another nice order with Drew. Minus the Euphemisms, I ordered:

5x Dreadnaughts
2x Interdictors
3x Vindicators (Cruiser the Interdictor is based off)

And finally, I managed to trim, assemble, drill, and base all 7 of my Kuat Command Cruisers (SWMB Rebel Cruisers).

Monday, October 26, 2009

Weekday Drudgery

And so much for my successful molding run! I only had time to do 8 Dreadnaughts today...

Tomorrow I hope to pour the first half of a new Imperial Frigate design based on a chopped-up Jedi Starfighter.

Also I received three Starter Sets today that I acquired very cheaply, so I now have 3 Super Star Destroyers! Just need to find a way to trade off 2 of the Viscounts...